Education & Training
You’re the star, we’re
the supporting cast
It’s all yours! Take your business to the next level
You are on the front line of the Ottawa real estate market; You are the professional. Your leaders and managers are the backbone of your support. At Royal LePage Performance Realty, we commit to ensuring you excel at your profession and achieve the results you desire.
No matter the current stage of your real estate career, Performance Realty will help accelerate your business.
Our plan is designed to help you become a successful realtor. We are 384% more successful than the industry average*
We’ve navigated the strongest and weakest of markets, and everything in between. With a combined 194 years of management real estate experience, we know how to help you adjust your business accordingly.
* National Association of Realtors (NAR)
You have full-time access to our one-on-one education, training and coaching.
Unique to Performance Realty, our training has been created and customized based on the intricacies and dynamics of our local marketplace – not some corporate, off-the-shelf training program or from a generic, outsourced third-party provider. We have:
- A proprietary and proven training curriculum for new Realtors®
- Development programs and personalized coaching for experienced Realtors® wanting to grow their business or streamline their operations
- Highly-tuned and customized coaching for team leaders wanting to motivate, manage and grow their teams
We are an education and knowledge based brokerage that invests in our Realtors® to enable them to implement best practices at every stage of their career – from the stand-alone Realtor®, to partnerships and teams. We operate in a completely collaborative environment – Realtors® help Realtors®; managers are always available; and administration staff support you behind the scenes. Our systems are constructed to provide the unique necessities for our Realtors® to be the best in the industry.
Meet our exclusive full-time coaches
Valerie focuses her attention on ensuring your success in a straightforward way using a very hands-on approach. The experience that she has in the industry make her one-on-one coaching sessions invaluable. Having access to this high level of coaching and training keeps reinforcing the right decision I made to join Royal LePage Performance Realty.
Toby Pike, Pretoria Avenue Office
Thank you so much Jesslyn for all of your hard work and efforts. Your passion for technology is fascinating but more importantly, you have a vast amount of knowledge that has helped me and my team succeed.
Danny Dawson, Pretoria Avenue Office
Jesslyn is amazingly enthusiastic and knowledgeable about IT, web, and social media apps for real estate. We are truly lucky to have her as a trainer.
DiAnne Masson-Yensen, Canotek Office
With more than 40 proprietary courses, you can build your career at your pace. Here are some of our top sales, technology and marketing courses:
- Secrets of Top Agents
- Dealing with For Sale By Owners
- Prospecting and Sales Fundamentals
- From Set-Up to Strategy
- Online Marketing Strategies
- Virtual Office Solutions
One-on-One Sales Coaching
- Weekly Accountability Coaching
- Objection Handling
- Listing and Buyer Presentation Role Playing
One-on-One Technology & Marketing Coaching
- Needs Evaluation from Beginner to Expert
- Expert Strategies that Work to Your Strengths
- Generating and Tracking Online Leads
Culture and Philosophy
Your mother would
be proud of you
People helping people
Our mission and values are the cornerstones of our business and everyday lives.
Our values drive our business, a virtue in which we take tremendous pride.
To offer unparalleled service to Realtors® and lead the market by empowering Realtors® to achieve their goals through training, coaching and leading edge technology.
To maintain a leading edge by remaining adaptable to change.
Respect for the individual is the cornerstone of everything we do. There must be dignity, tolerance and understanding of others. Give those around you the benefit of the doubt.
Be factual with the good and bad news. Don’t sugarcoat it. Be sincere. Be genuine, but deliver with tact, diplomacy and respect.
Say what you do and do what you say. Be consistent with your values, no matter what situation you are in. When it gets tough is when you are truly measured.
Do things right and do the right thing. If you get it wrong, then do the right thing to fix it. Always strive to be the best. Try to do something slightly better today then you did yesterday. Rise to the occasion. Be prepared to say you’re sorry. Be open-minded, be humble and look forward.
Caring for Others
Lean on the side of love, patience, generosity, tolerance and understanding. Be kind to strangers and to those who matter most – your family. Give people the latitude to be human, and the room to recover.
“A huge congratulations to Pierre and his management team for creating the core value culture, and more importantly, for continuing to be the leaders every day with those core values. Bravo!”
Patrick Morris, Pretoria Avenue Office
Royal LePage Performance Realty has a non-competing management team. Why is this important?
Every minute of every day, our managers are focused solely on your success; they are not your competition in the marketplace. The volume of transactions our managers personally oversee, keeps them more current than any other selling manager in the marketplace. With an open-door policy, our managers are easily accessible, responsive, and provide a confidential and unbiased sounding board.
Meet the Management Team
Pierre de Varennes - Broker/Owner
"As a management team, we are proud to work under the leadership of Pierre. His strong sense of values is echoed at every level within the organization. The corporate values are not simply action words on a wall, they guide every decision made. Pierre’s reputation in the industry is second-to-none.”
The Management Team
John Rogan - Broker of Record
“John has always made himself available when I need to bounce a deal or situation off of him to make sure my thinking is on track. I have always respected him for being a straight shooter - never shy to tell me that I’m wrong and why. I have great respect for him and his knowledge of our industry."
Paul McCunn, Bank Street Office
“John is a wealth of knowledge. His extensive experience in real estate is the number one resource I draw from in my day to day.”
Nick Wilson, Bank Street Office
Russ Perkins - Broker/Manager
“When it matters most, Russ is there to listen and provide guidance from a wealth of business experience. He has a strong moral compass and his values of professionalism and fairness have made me a better Realtor®. I am honoured to uphold his high standards! “
Brad Gilbert, Pretoria Avenue Office
“Russ listens carefully and provides thoughtful advice gathered from his many years of real estate experience.”
Eric Van Hofwegen, Pretoria Avenue Office
Bob McCulloch - Broker/Manager
“Bob, our “fountain of knowledge” is eloquent in his interaction with his employees, always providing guidance and support regardless of the hour of the day. I am thankful everyday that I chose this office.“
Carole Wilson, Orléans Office
“Bob’s approachable mannerism and knowledgeable guidance allows agents to perform successfully in a supportive environment.”
Donna Cole, Orléans Office
Andrew Ouellette - Broker/Manager
“Andrew is very energetic and a creative thinker. He is always approachable and an excellent listener. He truly cares for the people he manages and is very knowledgeable and resourceful.”
Maz Karimjee, Canotek Office
“Andrew has an easy manner which welcomes a team-oriented work environment. He makes our office simply a better place to work.”
Tanyse MacLeod, Canotek Office
Kerri MaGee - Broker/Manager
“Kerri is one of the most knowledgeable, experienced and influential real estate professionals I have ever met. With an understanding of the complexities of real estate law, client representation, and our code of ethics, she approaches challenging situations with steadfast skill and thoughtful solutions.”
Susan Dunton, Pretoria Avenue Office
Birds of a feather
Build your dream team
Are you a team leader looking for better support from your brokerage? We tailor our services at the brokerage level to help you take the next step in your business.
We were among the first brokerages in Canada to pioneer the concept of teams and have decades of experience, far surpassing our competitors.
Here are some of the innovative and complementary services for teams, that Performance Realty first introduced to the Ottawa marketplace:
● Customize and support payroll
● Introduce EFT for all team members
● Complete paperless office solutions
● Dedicated full-time coach
● Assist in the hiring and dehiring process of team members
● Provide complete HR and legal support
Building a team is an art. In its design, careful consideration must be made for individuals’ compatibilities of skills and mindsets, choosing optimal systems and structures, and then adding the right blend of support. Mistakes can be uniquely costly for team leaders and typically set-back growth. You can rely on the security of our unparalleled experience through our tailored services. We’ll help you build a long-term, sustainable team and with our careful guidance, save you time, effort and money.
- Specialized one-on-one coaching for team leaders
- Specialized speakers for teams
- No extra expense for additional team members
- Space is provided rent free
- Guidance regarding team structures and optimal set-ups
- On your behalf, we will post ads, identify and screen candidates, provide a short-list, and assist with the interview process
- Personality profiling tools for candidates
- In-house accounting: EFTs and direct deposits, payroll for assistants, in-house cash advances on deals
- Employment contracts
- HR legal contract support
- Commissions are paid-out immediately upon receipt
Some call us geeks,
we call it “genius”
The choice is yours to make
We set you up to succeed. We know that being on top of the latest technologies, and delivering timely information puts you ahead of the competition. You’ll be an industry genius using our resources that highlight new and relevant technologies, implement our state-of-the-art marketing tools, and learn from our dedicated, full-time technology trainer.
We keep you on the cutting edge of technology so you can operate with maximum efficiency.
- Access to our full-time dedicated technology trainer
- Needs analysis of your business structure with supported implementation
- Individualized coaching on Social media strategies
- Royal LePage Marketing Centre Design Portal with MLS Listing Integration
- Templated agent websites with MLS integration
- Create your own custom videos with our green-screen room complete with all tools and equipment
- Performance Realty app for existing clients with list of preferred suppliers and ability to send push notifications
- State-of-the-art and fully customizable listing and buyer presentations
- Digital templates for Feature Sheets, Business Cards, Flyers, and Direct Marketing Campaigns
- Ready to use Automated Newsletters and Drip Campaigns
- Single Property Websites
- Library of Online Webinars
- Royal LePage Google Apps Enterprise Solutions
- In-house IT department & 24/7 tech hotline
- Paperless Office Solutions
- Print from mobile device in any office
“Royal LePage Performance Realty continues to be on the leading edge of technology in the real estate industry. Adapting to these changes is essential in servicing our clients effectively and efficiently. Our end goal is to provide the most reliable service to our clients. We set the bar in the industry.”
Maureen Yates, Pretoria Avenue Office
Leaders of the pack
100 years of wisdom! Embrace the credibility of a great brand
It took years of innovation and good people to build Canada’s most trusted real estate brand. The legacy of our founder, A.E. LePage, lives on as we stand proudly behind the respected and esteemed national brand that is Royal LePage.
- The real estate brand that consumers trust the most
- Since 2002, Royal LePage has doubled in size and tripled in market share in Canadian residential markets
- #1 market share in almost 100 markets nationwide
- Over 17 000 Realtors® and growing, connecting you with a referral source from coast to coast
- We are proudly 100% Canadian. Canadian employees. Canadian owners.
- An iconic brand that generates access to more clients and business opportunities
- Home to some of Canada’s most productive Realtors®
- Global representation
- Over 1 billion media impressions in 2015. 122.5% higher than our closest competitor
Royal LePage is the trusted voice of Canadian Real Estate
We are widely recognized as the national authority pertaining to real estate markets and issues in the Canadian media.
“Advertising is what you pay for, and publicity
is what you pray for.”
President and CEO of Royal LePage Real Estate Services
“Our brand — call it strong, fair, tolerant and welcoming — could stand out even more clearly now as a desired place to invest capital in real property.”
The Toronto Star, Nov 09, 2016
“Soper said policymakers do not want to risk taking the steam out of the housing market, something that seems to be happening in British Columbia where sales continue to fall and were down almost 40 per cent in October, year-over-year.”
The Financial Post, Nov 16, 2016
“Royal LePage president Phil Soper said he agrees. The market does self-regulate and in only rare cases do you get a Vancouver situation, where in a relatively limited geographic area you see spiking home prices -- typically due to a sharp imbalance in supply and demand," Soper said.
The Canadian Press, Oct 26, 2016
"Consumer confidence suffered a direct hit when the federal government introduced new, more restrictive regulations in early October," says Soper. "While it is too early to say definitively, it appears Canadian homebuyers are adjusting quickly, and that fears of a hard correction were unwarranted. While the changes are significant, major lenders may already be using similar criteria when writing mortgages in sensitive regions like Alberta and BC, so the additional drag on the market resulting from the new legislation won't be as great as it appears on the surface."
The Huffington Post, Oct 18, 2016
Because we care
We sell houses but we support homes
We care deeply about the communities in which we live and work. The Royal LePage Shelter Foundation is Canada’s largest public foundation dedicated exclusively to funding shelters for abused women and children, and violence prevention programs. Every year, the foundation provides funds for women’s emergency shelters that help women and children rebuild their lives after experiencing domestic violence.
These efforts may have helped someone you know
Royal LePage Canada supports the Shelter Foundation by paying all administrative expenses, which means that 100% of proceeds go toward the cause. All monies remain in the community in which they were raised.
Donated in 2015 by Performance Realty
Performance Realty represented 10% of all donations in Ontario in 2015
Donated since 2002 by Performance Realty
$22M has been raised and donated across Canada since 1998
How did we raise $100,000 in 2015?
- Annual Charity Auction
- National Garage Sale
- Annual Golf Tournament
- Annual Corporate Events
- Realtors® donate regular portions of their commissions
- The National “Challenge for Shelter” Trek
Price / Value Structure
You can have your
cake & eat it too
What is your brokerage doing for you?
We are a full-service real-estate brokerage. Our goal is to empower our Realtors® to provide the absolute best level of service for their clients.
- We help you become the absolute best in your profession.
- We provide an unparalleled level of support, structure, coaching and expertise.
- We fully support your career and growth.
We invest in you from day one, partnering with you to help build your business. Collectively, our incentives are aligned every step of the way.
We don’t charge fees that you have not earned
Our business model is designed to help you manage your business, growth and cash flow. This is based on the fundamental value of putting Realtors® in the best position financial to succeed.
YOU will not be charged:
- Monthly rent
- Deal fees
- Desk fees
- Additional expenses for teams
YOU will receive:
- Complete start-up package to cover new marketing and advertising
- Full support in transferring existing business
- Access to our flexible group benefit packages
- Specialized one-on-one coaching with our two, full-time dedicated trainers
- Guidance regarding systems, processes and optimal set-ups
- Positive and collaborative culture with like-minded individuals
- Support from our 194 years of combined management experience
- In-house accounting: EFTs and direct deposits, payroll for assistants, in-house cash advances on deals. Commissions paid-out immediately upon receipt
- Competitive and progressive commission structure up to 96/4
- And much more…
At Performance Realty, we believe that our compensation structure offers you the best value in the industry.